Workplace bullying consultations
- Jessi Eden Brown, MS, LMHC, LPC, NCC is an experienced, licensed psychotherapist with a private practice in Seattle, WA. As the professional coach and former administrator of the Workplace Bullying Institute, Jessi has earned national recognition as a counselor-expert in the fields of workplace bullying and mobbing. She works with 350+ clients per year through professional counseling and coaching services offered in the U.S. and worldwide.
- Linda Crockett is the founder of a Workplace Bullying Resource Center for employers, employees, and individuals in need of assessments, consultations, training, coaching, individual counseling, or clinical treatment. Linda’s center is located in Alberta, Canada, and she offers services around the globe. She has 32 years of experience in professional social work. For the 10 years following her recovery from PTSD related to workplace psychological violence (bullying), Linda has developed a specialty in this area. Linda is a certified trauma therapist with a specialty in treating employees suffering from the psychological injury caused by bullying. You can contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and book a consultation session via Skype at Linda.Rae.Crockett. You can follow her on social media via: Twitter: @bullyingalberta, LinkedIn: Linda Crockett MSW, RSW, SEP, Facebook: @workerssafety, and Instagram: Alberta_bullying_resources.
- Dr. Sophie Henshaw is an empath entrepreneur, author, and doctor of psychology. Dr. Sophie works as a clinical psychologist with over 20 years of experience helping clients recover from stress, anxiety, and depression as a result of relationships with toxic people at work. She’s appeared on Channel 10, 6PR, 92.9FM, and Huffpost Live and had articles published in PsychCentral, Women’s Agenda, NineMSN Health, Rebelle Society, and the Huffington Post. You can reach her for a consultation by visiting any of her sites: blog, How To Escape From Workplace Bullying Facebook page, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Deb Falzoi is a workplace abuse coach that offers private sessions via Zoom or phone. She offers strategic ideas and support for navigating your workplace abuse situation based on what’s worked and what hasn’t worked for hundreds of other targets. If you’re currently in a workplace abuse situation or struggling to move on from it, if you want some help to feel strong again, or if you are finding the stress overwhelming and it’s impacting your mental and physical health, reach out to Deb at Dignitytogether.org.
- Career Counseling – Ree Jackson is the author of “Reject Revolution: Simple Steps for Getting Through Career Rejection and on to Your Best Life.” Ree is on a mission to help people who have suffered traumatic job experiences including workplace bullying, demotion, and job loss. You can visit her on Facebook page, Reject Revolution, to send her a message and schedule an appointment.
- Reputation Repair Coach – Jennifer Cunningham has over 25 years experience serving others. She has worked in higher education, non-profit, and local government. Her roles have included advisor, career counselor, conflict resolution coach, community service volunteer, and most recently reputation repair coach. She earned a masters degree in negotiation and conflict management and a second masters degree in counseling. More recently, she became a certified coach and specializes in helping people regain confidence and reputation after crisis. Her goal is to help her clients tap into their own competencies and become whole again or “Better than Before.” To learn more, visit her website: http://www.reputationrepaircoach.com. You can contact her via email: email@example.com
- Life Coach – Kate Lally, LMHC is a licensed therapist in Massachusetts and spiritual life coach. Her style as a coach is intuitive, compassionate, and direct. Kate draws upon her own experience with workplace abuse to get you unstuck and uses her training as a coach to connect you to your calling. Kate offers an empowered approach to healing that combines 10 years of experience as a therapist with her training as a coach to get you from surviving to thriving after trauma and guides you into a stage of post-traumatic growth
- Emotional Resilience Coach – Kirsti Gwynn empowers her clients with practical ways to recover from difficult experiences, reduce anxiety, and feel calm and content. Kirsti is an emotional resilience coach with a Masters degree in Applied Positive Psychology (the science of wellbeing and resilience) and a background in counselling. Her coaching style works best for kind, caring people who often prioritise other people’s needs above their own and so may more easily be taken advantage of. In supportive coaching sessions, Kirsti will assist you rebuild your self-esteem, draw boundaries in a way that feels authentic to you, and rediscover a sense of joy in daily life. Request a free discovery call with Kirsti here: info@positiveEQ.com or visit her website: www.positiveEQ.com
Online weekly peer support groups
Summits, speaker series, and retreats
Want to connect with those that understand exactly what you’ve been through? Deb Falzoi and I have co-founded Re-Define to help you do just that! To find out more visit www.redefineourselves.com.
Websites and blogs
- Need more information on workplace bullying? Start where I did. Visit The Workplace Bullying Institute.
- David Yamada is an internationally recognized expert on workplace bullying. If there is one blog to follow on this topic, I would suggest this one! His blog can be found at Minding the Workplace.
- Liz Ryan gives career guidance in such an empowering way! You can follow her on Twitter, LinkedIn and at Humanworkplace.com.
- Alan Sklover is an employment lawyer and career strategist. He teaches employees how to negotiate for themselves at work. Visit him at skloverworkingwisdom for tons of FREE tips and resources.
- Think your past employer is sabotaging future employment? You can verify by contacting Allison & Taylor, a reference-checking and employment verification company.
- Ready to make a difference? Join us at End Workplace Abuse to join in on the fight to end workplace abuse
- Calm and Content is a free Facebook group for kind, caring individuals who find that anxiety and negative thoughts are keeping them stuck. Inside, you’ll learn about the emotional intelligence approach to calming anxious thinking, including free trainings on building self-esteem, c oping with life’s challenges, and enjoying life more. The group is facilitated by Kirsti Gwynn, an emotional resilience specialist (MAPPCP) and the founder of Positive EQ (www.positiveEQ.com). Join the group here: bit.ly/2ExNlkS
Books I found helpful
While bullied at work:
- Gary Namie and Ruth Namie, The Bully at Work: What You Can Do To Stop The Hurt and Reclaim Your Dignity on the Job (2009)
- Janice Harper, Ph.D., MOBBED! What to Do When They Really Are Out to Get You (2016)
- Bessel Van Der Kolk, M.D., The Body Keeps The Score – Brain, Mind, and Body In The Healing Of Trauma (2014)
- Dr. Fred Luskin, Forgive for Good (2002)
- Dr. Karin Huffer, Legal Abuse Syndrome: 8 Steps For Avoiding The Traumatic Stress Caused By The Justice System (2013)
- Kristin Neff, Ph.D., Self-Compassion: The Proven Power Of Being Kind To Yourself (2011)
- Maureen Duffy and Len Sherry, Overcoming Mobbing – A Recovery Guide For Workplace Aggression and Bullying (2014)
- Peter A. Levine, Waking The Tiger – Healing Trauma (1997)
- Ree Jackson (ebook available on Amazon), Reject Revolution: Simple Steps for Getting Through Career Rejection and on to Your Best Life (2019)
- Thick Nhat Hanh, FEAR – Essential Wisdom For Getting Through The Storm (2012)
Further Knowledge and Empowerment:
- Brene Brown, Ph.D., Daring Greatly (2012)
- Donna Ballman, Stand Up For Yourself Without Getting Fired – Resolve Workplace Crises Before You Quit, Get Axed, or Sue The Bastards (2012)
- Ellen Berrey, Robert L. Nelson, Laura Beth Nielsen, Rights On Trial: How Workplace Discrimination Law Perpetuates Inequality (2017(
- Jen Sincero, YOU are a BADASS (2013)
- Liz Ryan, Reinvention Roadmap – Break the Rules To Get The Job You Want & Career You Deserve (2016)
- Maureen Duffy and David C. Yamada, Workplace Bullying and Mobbing In The United States (2018)
- Ward Farnsworth, The Practicing Stoic – A Philosophical User’s Guide (2018)
Take a class or join a Facebook group
- Workplace Bullying Action Plan and Tutorial by Dr. Gary Namie, the leading US authority on workplace bullying. This 2.5-hour personal seminar is accessible by download or USB flash drive. You will learn all about workplace bullying, receive some much-needed answers to your questions, and gain helpful advice based on his 20+ years of experience in this field.
- Dignity Together believes all employees deserve dignity and respect at work for their well-being. They offer a “Take Back Your Power After Workplace Bullying” online course to help targets understand what’s worked and hasn’t worked for other targets to cope with and heal from workplace bullying. Join Dignity Together’s Facebook group or visit their website to learn more. Get a daily tip or dose of inspiration delivered right into your inbox though Dignity Together. Sign up: The Daily Boost